I Have A Dream

Posted by OLD BITTY at 2:14 PM

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Obama and Clinton ticket - doesn't matter to me which one is president and which one is vice president, because who ever is vice president will be the next president in 8 years (or at least in my dream). With a "dream" team like this, my heart is filled with hope. In sixteen years imagine the good that could be done, how many people could be helped and how much better off our country would be. I would be able to fade into my senile years with a smile on my face knowing the country was on the right track again and my daughter would have a bright future once again.

I know that is a long shot to ever really happen, but an old woman can dream! I am just so excited to have the opportunity to vote for either one of them, who ever wins the party nomination.

It is an awesome election year to be alive for as history is being made.

So when the time comes in November, be sure to get out and VOTE, or I'll track you down and beat you with my cane!

2 comments:

MamaFlo said...

I have to agree with you on everything except that one will be vice president, I don't think so. What needs to happen is they need to quit tearing the Democratic Party apart with their attacks on one another.......I already know 11 people that have decided they will vote for McCain instead of deciding between these two fighters.

Did you ever think we'd see the day when we'd have a woman and a black man running for president of the United States? I'm so glad I'm still young enough to see this develop.

OLD BITTY said...

I hear you mamaflo - we're on same wave length. Don't you just want to bang their heads together to get them on track!

It is definitely exciting times to be alive and voting! Our duaghter has come to voting booth with us every year of her life and both myself and my husband hopefully have passed along our passion for voting as well as our excitment for what is happening now as history is being made.