Honkers

Posted by OLD BITTY at 9:46 AM

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not the most annoying, but definitely high up on the scale of annoying are honkers - those people sitting in their car honking at you. Let me just tell all honkers right now - honking is only going to make me go slower, so there - save your energy, don't waste another minute of your time even thinking about honking, learn a bit of patience and perhaps take up yoga or meditation or better yet anger management.

I'm old, tired, and have no where to be in a hurry, so don't expect me to do things your way and has fast you'd like me too. I've learned over the past several decades that slow and steady wins the race, and you avoid a lot of accidents that way too.

I have this one corner I have to make a right at every day on my way home from work. It's a very busy T in the road. The folks in the left lane next to me are 9 times out of 10 driving some huge car, truck or suv, which means I can't see what's coming from the left. And every single day, who ever is behind me will honk because he or she thinks I should be pulling out and making the right hand turn even though I can't see what might be coming at me from the left. I'm making it perfectly clear once and for all, I don't give a flying fart who you are - I will not just pull out into traffic because of your honking.

There I feel much better now getting that off my chest.

3 comments:

Kiddo Bliss said...

LOL. I usually don't honk my horn, but I will yell (loudly) at someone if they are driving like an idiot. And that happens a lot here with mothers on cell phones not paying attention with a carload of kids.

OLD BITTY said...

I agree - driving idiots deserve a honk or two.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I hear ya on this one. When someone honks at me my initial reaction is to flip 'em the bird - but that's likely to get me gunned down.

So I take a deep breath, think a calming thought, and sit there like I never heard 'em. But if they honk again, I might just get out of my car and read 'em a lesson on courtesy (I've done it before, so it's not impossible).